10 Jan Senior Software Developer
Team and Mission
WireWheel is revolutionizing the area of privacy and data protection for companies. By bringing to bear innovations in cloud infrastructure, machine learning, data science, and user experience, WireWheel provides a software-as-a-service solution for companies to safeguard and steward their most important asset: personal data.
The engineering team builds and supports a web-based platform that enables companies to run their privacy programs. We are a small, growing team in a true start-up environment. As a team, we move fast, adapt to the needs of the business, and ship quality software frequently. Our team members have diverse backgrounds, which helps cultivate an environment for creative problem solving and innovation. We believe that good ideas come from every level of the organization, from interns to the CEO. We invest in the career development of each team member, and strive to provide opportunities to meet personal growth objectives.
We are looking for team members with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company and culture.
Do you strive to continuously improve your user’s experience? Are you always improving your own skills and looking for new technologies to learn? Do you care deeply about enabling companies to better protect their customers’ data? Do you want to collaborate with a rapidly growing team where you can directly influence culture and the quality of products we ship?
As a Software Developer, you will build features for our data privacy application. You will participate in every stage of the feature’s lifecycle from requirements to release. In this role, you will collaborate daily with other software developers, testers, UX, DevOps, product managers, and customer support to make sure that we meet customer needs and create the most valuable features.
Day-to-day, you will
- Craft production-quality code using standard development methodologies.
- Participate in and lead design and code reviews and other team ceremonies.
- Create automated unit tests with the same development rigor as you would for production software (i.e., reviews, documentation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Diagnose customer issues and assist our customer support team as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to determine the best solution for problems
- Demonstrate perseverance while discovering a bug or issue’s root cause.
- Report and clearly document issues that you find in our bug tracking system.
Ideally you have
- Proven experience using continuous integration processes and systems (Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc.).
- Led a group of 3-4 developers to design and build a feature or set of features.
- Written software that deploys in a container to cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming fundamentals and development methodologies.
- A passion for creating quality software that will help protect private data.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn and grow and the ability to adapt and flex to take on different challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to create clear and concise written communications.
WireWheel is an equal opportunity employer. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k, and paid time off.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com